An orthopedic doctor is trained in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries, which are problems with bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other connective tissues.
Many problems could occur with your musculoskeletal system. Pain from injuries and wear and tear can affect your ability to move and live a high quality life. If you do not know how to correctly move when you walk, play sports, or exercise, you could be looking at an increasing frequency of orthopedic issues.
An orthopedic doctor is an expert in the musculoskeletal system and can help you with a range of orthopedic conditions and injuries. Below are just some of the ways you can benefit from seeing an orthopedic doctor.
Non-Surgical Treatment for Orthopedic Conditions
Orthopedic doctors use a lot of tools to treat patients, including but not limited to:
- Medication – over-the-counter and prescription anti-inflammatories for relief from pain
- Orthotics – braces, splints, and custom foot inserts for immobilization and added support, as well as to correct an abnormal walking pattern and take pressure off areas in the foot
- Injection therapy – trigger point injections, facet injections, and epidural injections all target pain at the source and block pain signals from reaching the brain
- Physical therapy – stretching and strengthening exercises, massage therapy, heat and cold therapy, and electrical stimulation therapy to ease pain, boost healing, strengthen muscles, improve range of motion, and restore function
- Hand therapy – exercises, splinting, and other modalities that help relieve pain and restore hand function and independence
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Orthopedic doctors also perform minimally invasive surgery to treat damaged or torn cartilage, torn ligaments and tendons, and damaged joints. Minimally invasive techniques such as arthroscopic or endoscopic surgery and arthroplasty require only very small incisions and the use of specialized tools which results in less pain and enables you to recover faster from surgery.
Orthopedic doctors, especially those trained in sports medicine, can provide personalized recommendations to help prevent injuries. In addition, they can also advise on how to enhance your athletic performance. As doctors, they believe prevention is better than a cure, and can help you maintain good health for as long as possible.
There are many benefits to choosing a local orthopedic doctor in Cleveland. It is not only convenient but also much easier to receive timely medical services and build a strong relationship with a close by doctor.
Orthopedic Doctor in Westlake & Avon, OH
If you are looking for an orthopedic doctor in Cleveland, choose the board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons at Orthopaedic Associates. We treat the full range of orthopedic conditions with personalized treatment plans that may include non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment options.
Whatever is the source of your pain or limited function and mobility, our orthopedic doctors can help you get back to feeling better again. To schedule an appointment with us, call us today at (440) 892-1440. Our friendly staff welcomes your call!